Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 34- February 3rd 2012

There are speed traps all over Calgary. Everyone speeds so it makes sense. They usually hide so that they aren't visible until the very last second, until it is too late to slow down.

Anyhow, I drive the speed limit. Maybe 3-5km above, but rarely any faster (unless I'm on the highway...). The major road outside of our community is undergoing a lot of construction right now, and the speed limit is 60km. I ALWAYS drive that speed as there are ALWAYS cops along there. Today, I was going 60, and there was this guy (read: douche) behind me, riding right on my tail. I continued going the speed I was going, and I believe I even tapped my breaks to let tell him to back off. But he didn't.

Now I'm sure you are wondering how this incorporates a RAoK....just wait...

So I'm driving along, going just below the speed limit now, and wham, I see a cop. I'm going slow and so is the guy behind me who was riding on my tail. I round the bend and get onto Deerfoot, where this guy takes off to my right, his intentions clearly to pass this 'Mom in her minivan who drives the speed limit'. I look out my window as he passed and he waved and smiled at me. A thank you I like to think...because he stayed behind me, he avoided a pretty pricey speeding ticket...because we all know that speeding fines DOUBLE in constuction zones....

Lucky guy!

Today's RAoK- driving the speed limit... :)

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment