Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 38- February 8th 2012

My brother in law is serving a mission in Columbia. He's been gone since November 2010. He has 2 new nephews who he has never met, and as often as we talk about him with Miss C, I'm not sure she is going to know who he is when he comes home. She has a picture in her room...but she's only 3...when he gets back he would have been out of her life as long as he was in it before. It will be an interesting experience to say the least.

When M first left, we were really good with e-mails and sending letters and packages. Really really good. Then we had F, and L started back at school...and life got busy. I know that shouldn't be an excuse and really, it's a lousey one and I know it...but it's the truth. I'm great at recieving e-mails, but I really suck at replying or sending ones. If we could communicate through text messages, I'd be all over that. In fact, that is my prefered way of communication...there are only a few people who get to experience me on the phone...
But, here I am- my brother in law has been gone for 15 months and I haven't been as good at writing him as I would have liked.

Monday's are his PDay, and we recieved a personal e-mail from him, asking how we are, how the kids are, that he hopes we haven't forgotten about him (bad bad sister in law...bad!) and then he talked a bit about zombies and how we should head straight to Columbia when the zombies come... He asked if we'd told F about him, and that he hopes to hear from us soon. I felt so sad in my heart. So I asked a friend of mine who speaks spanish to translate a little e-mail for me to send to him. It's just a couple lines of spanish (the language he's been speaking since he left) but I hope he smiles when he sees it on Monday!

I added on a few other things and some updated pictures of my kids. I PROMISED to be better at emailing and promised to make more of an effort.

Today's RAoK- replying...

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment