Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 41- February 11th 2012

Valentine's Day is fast approaching. I had all of these wondering crafting ideas pinned (thanks Pinterest) and all of a sudden, it's the 11th, and I've only done 4 crafts! I had anticipated Miss C and I doing crafts every day, so that she would be able to give each of her classmates and her friends a handmade Valentine....umm, that totally didn't happen! OH WELL. Life happens, and I'm trying to be totally 100% ok with that!

My nephew is staying with us this weekend and I decided to make up Charlotte's Valentine's Day cards. I thought I'd do his as well, seeing as how his Mom/my BFF is out of the country...Dad's can't be expected to do this...so really, I'm helping out a whole wack of people...

I just snapped quick pictures of Miss C and Little J this morning, and uploaded them to Picnik where I proceeded to add a cute border, some hearts and some funky type. I've already sent them into Costco to have them printed, so I'll pop by there tomorrow to pick them up. I'll make 2 little slits (one on top of their hand and one at the bottom) and then stick in a Tootsie pop that I got on super discount ($.24/pack) at Superstore. Easy Peasy! So, while it isn't your 'typical' Valentine's Day card, it is definitely sweet and semi-homemade...which, in my opinion, is the best kind.

I'm also one who gives credit where credit is due...so while I'd love to claim this as my idea, it is totally not mine...and I got the idea from here!




Valentine's Day Cards Complete!

Today's RAoK- making sure my nephew has awesome Valentine's cards to hand out at school on Tuesday!!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment