Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1- January 1st 2012

Today I have two random acts of kindness (RAoK) to report...but only one is technically from today.

Yesterday (Dec20/11) my friend Mary and I went downtown and gave blood. It was her 10th time, and my 7th. I seriously feel SO good when I give blood. One pint of blood can save up to three lives...AMAZING! I've known people who have needed blood transfusions- and while it may not be a lot for me to give sporadically, I still feel good about doing it. We went in the morning before it got busy- we had appointments, but you can do walk in as well. My favourite part about giving blood (aside from the life saving aspect) is the goodies they give you afterwards. We had soup and cookies by George...can you say YUM! Really gives your blood sugar a boost. I thought giving blood was a perfect way to kick off the New Year. For more information on donating, click HERE.

We go to Church every Sunday, and there are a lot of young couples with young kids in our church. I often end up in the halls with one or both of my kids because sitting still and being quiet for an hour is hard- especially when you are three and one. Today I found myself out in the hall with Miss C and Mr Man. Another Mom was out as well, trying to keep her daughter from going outside. We exchanged hellos, and laughed when our kids did something funny...but other than that, we didn't say a whole lot. From where I was standing I could see the other womans daughter heading for the door. She pressed the handicap door opener and took off outside. I started running after her, hoping that I would be fast enough to catch her before she made it out onto the streets as she had a decent head start. Her Mom was wearing a pair of fancy heels so I knew I had a better shot at getting her as I was wearing my comfy flats. I caught up to her before she made it to the parking lot and handed her off to Mom who was pretty close behind me. While I didn't plan this in advance, I'm still going to classify it as a RAoK. I could have just stood there and told the Mom...but I didn't. I'd like to think that if the roles were switched, she would have done the same for me.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment