Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3- January 3rd 2012

Today's RAoK was simple, but special nevertheless. I read in our community newsletter about a program called, "Adopt a Grandparent". I read the little article and my heart felt so sad for all of the seniors out there who have no family left and who are forgotten about...especially around Christmas. While, it wasn't in our budget to "adaop a Grandparent" this year (and trust me I tried to figure out a way), the whole concept got me thinking. While I would have loved to have been able to do it, I have some Grandparents of my own who I love...so I kept it closer to home. I LOVE my Grandma's (two of my own and two through marriage) and today's RAoK revolves around these lovely ladies.

I called 3/4 Grandma's (the 4th is German, and currently sleeping so unfortunately that wasn't an option) to thank them for their wonderful Christmas gifts, to ask if they'd received Charlotte's thank you cards, and just to tell them that I loved them. Short and sweet.

Today's RAoK = complete.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment