Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14- January 14th 2012

Today was my son's birthday party. It was crazy around here...seriously crazy. I was thinking about my RAoK all day wondering what I could do and how I could 'fit' it into my schedule. I didn't have any good ideas and was slighty frustrated with myself for waiting so long to actually do something....

We had plans to go out for dinner and then games/hot tubing with a few couples from our church. I was tired, but really looking forward to going. We were going to a new resturant that we hadn't tried and I like hanging out with this particular group of friends. On the way to the resturant I decided that tonight I would be a listener rather than a talker. If anyone knows me in real like, you'll know that I always have something to say...even when I shouldn't say something...I'll say something...! That's just how I am, it's how Miss C is...it's in our genes I guess. So for me to not talk as much as I normally would,was...well...challenging the say the least. I still chatted with everyone but definitely not as much as I normally would have. It was really nice, and I was surprised at how much more I learned about my friends. I'm not sure anyone would have really noticed that I wasn't as chatty as normal...but I was proud of myself for doing it.

Today's RAoK- listening instead of talking. Because we all know, sometimes we just want someone to hear....

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment