Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2- January 2nd 2012

So, I'm prefacing this post with an explanation so you don't think I'm some crazy stalker chick who spends her days creeping...
I'm a stay at home Mom. I open my windows during the day. I go outside with my kids and play. I also watch the coming and goings of the people in our cul-de-sac. My good friend and neighbour calls me the "neighbourhood watcher"...as I frequently send her texts when strange cars show up, or random people are at her door (they are moving...so they have people coming to look at their house). I'm also a closet control freak...who needs to know everything about what's going on. While it's not always a flattering trait, it has proven to be useful a few times...like today...as my need to know what's going on helped me accomplish today's RAoK.

Our 'across-the-alley' neighbours moved out mid-December, and the house has been vacant until just recently. I've been glancing that way every time I'm in the kitchen (usually when I'm doing dishes) and decided that since new people had moved in, I needed to go over and introduce myself.

On Sunday morning at Church, I met a new lady, as both of us were out in the hall with our kids. She was nice and we chatted for a bit while our boys played. Turns out she has a daughter the same age as Miss C...it was exciting! Fast forward to Sunday afternoon when I happen to glance out the back window while doing dishes...guess who I see getting out of a van? This lady who I'd just met at Church! Fast forward again, to tonight, when I popped by her house with some cookies and a 'welcome to the neighbourhood' card. We chatted for a bit and made plans to get together.



I'd say today's RAoK was a total win!

~E

2 comments:

  1. :) id say this was the BEST RAoK! ;)!!! and thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I just started reading, and I LOVE it! I am so glad that you met Liam, she is fantastic and was really nervous about moving to Cranston.

    ReplyDelete