Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4- January 4th 2012

I read about this story the other day and I haven't been able to get it off my mind. I can't even begin to imagine what this Mom is going through. As a Mom of two young children my heart just goes out to her. When I first heard about the fire (through another friend who happens to know this Mom) I wished that there was something that I could do. I'm the kind of person who brings meals to people, I bake things, and make cards...in times like this- I'm often rendered speechless and awkward...so the only way I know how to show my love and support is through food. I also feel like it's one less thing the parents/family/friends have to worry about. A meal/snack/food they don't have to think about. It's just there. However, due to the fact that this happened in Sicamous BC, sending food isn't a possibility. A Facebook group has been set up to help support this Mom (Kara Wagner) and they are acception donations to help her through this very difficult and dark time. Today, I donated some money. It may not have been much- but it's what I would have spent on a meal...

I encourage you ALL to donate to this woman who is currently living every parents nightmare. You don't have to give much- every little bit counts. It's set up through PayPal and even people like me, who don't have a PayPal account, can donate.

Today's RAoK is helping out a Mother in need, a fellow woman who has lost the absolutely loves of her life.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment